Studen Theses and Projects: Design and Development of a Web Application for Discovering and Analyzing Digital Transformation Initiatives
Thesis (BA/MA/DA/IDP/Application Project/Projektstudium) - Reference number 2019-187
Advisor(s): David Soto Setzke
“Digital transformation – the use of technology to radically improve performance or reach of enterprises – is becoming a hot topic for companies across the globe. Executive in all industries are using digital advances such as analytics, mobility, social media and smart embedded devices – and improving their use of traditional technologies such as ERP – to change customer relationships, internal processes, and value propositions. Other executives, seeing how fast digital technology disrupted media industries in the past decade, know the need to pay attention to changes in their industry” (Capgemini 2011). In order to get an overview of the current state of the digital transformation, we want to build a web application for discovering, presenting and analyzing transformation initiatives. Through a graphical user interface, we want to display relevant information about extracted initiatives and analyze them according to criteria such as industry branches and technologies. Using text mining techniques applied to news articles and social media posts, digital transformation initiatives should be automatically and regularly identified and relevant information transferred to the application’s database. We are looking for a talented student (or a student team) who is interested in digital transformation initiatives, web applications, and text mining techniques. The student(s) will be involved in a current research project, thus gaining hands-on experience in industry-related research.
- Design and implementation of a web-based application
- Implementation of algorithms for analyzing web content regarding the digital transformation and extracting relevant information
- Designing and implementing analysis schemes for digital transformation initiatives
- Extended experiences in web development
- Excellent analytical skills Excellent skills in written and spoken English, German is an advantage
- High degree of autonomy and individual responsibility
- First or extended experiences in text mining/machine learning techniques are an advantage
The topic can be adopted according to your interests. The thesis can be written in English or German. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact me directly. Please send your application including our application form, "Notenauszug" from TUMonline, and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we can only consider applications with complete documents.