Job Offer: Research Assistant (m/f) in the Field of Performance & Virtualization
The fortiss institute at the Technical University of Munich offers a job as a research assistant at the Department of Information Systems in the Group Performance & Virtualization
Topic - Performance & Virtualization:
Large software systems such as Google and Amazon spend a lot of energy to offer their users a positive user experience. An important aspect for the users of such systems is the perceived response time. If a service responds too slowly, the user leaves the system and a company loses revenue. Our research group is therefore concerned with ensuring the performance (in terms of response time, throughput, and resource consumption) of complex software systems. The focus is on the one hand resource and energy efficiency of software and on the other hand to ensure the user experience in changing environmental conditions or seasonal fluctuations (e.g. Christmas sales).
- Development of interfaces for Java-based applications
- Implementation and extension of an Eclipse RCP applications
- Conception and design of user interfaces
- Participation in current research projects
You bring with you:
- Degree in computer science or computer science economy
- Background knowledge in Java software development
- Ideally some experience in the Eclipse plugin / RCP development
- Ability to work independently
- Individual responsibility, curiosity and enthusiasm
- Young and dynamic research team
- Modern office in Schwabing
- Modern working environment at the interface between research and industry
- Innovative and new topics
We look forward to receiving your application!
Contact: For further information and contact purposes, please contact Mr. Felix Willnecker is (will ecker [at] fortiss.org).