Big Data Innovation Center @ UCC Munich
Big Data Innovation Center (BDIC)
Big Data Innovation Center is a cooperation of UCC Munich with SAP University Alliances that aims to leverage academics and industry partners to re-invent business processes based on big data applications. As SAP-Certified Provider of SAP HANA Operation Services, UCC Munich brings the best know-how and service offering for big data operation on SAP HANA. With BDIC we offer a SAP HANA platform that can be used for big-data driven research and co-innovation projects across a wide range of applications.
The BDIC offers a system landscape for scientists, practitioners and startups to explore, design and evaluate data driven-processes in various research and application areas as smart logistics, internet of things, process intelligence, predictive maintenance and others. Further it helps practitioners and researches of various fields and industry sectors including automotive, manufacturing, banking, utilities, retail and public sector to identify and verify new use cases on a solid big data technology platform as SAP HANA.
- Full operation and maintenance of the SAP HANA platform for research purposes
- Professional service support
- Professional guidance on how to deploy and use SAP HANA
- Assistance and solid know-how on HANA and big data
- Full research project support from experienced staff
After we get a project request from a partner, SAP University Alliances evaluates Big Data project proposals at existing or new Big Data Innovation Labs (BDIL). UCC Munich that acts as a Big Data Innovation Center (BDIC) analyzes Big Data project, sizes and calculates system landscape. The partners provide the scenario and real Big Data dataset. UCC Munich and SAP support with know-how and drive Big Data co-innovation in projects together with its partners.
Depending on the project we offer standard services or individual services. A standard service includes standardized HANA Package including hosting and support with as fixed pricing, depending on the used components. The individual service includes an individually sized HANA package with additional big data components as Hadoop, R-Server, Event Stream Processing (ESP) etc. and individual services that include the sized and configuration of the SAP HANA landscape and additional assistance and workshops at individual pricing depending on the provided components and services.
- Decide project details and define project approach together with the partner
- Calculate system landscape and deliver the SAP HANA platform
- Provide guidance and service support for the entire project lifetime
- Project support from academic staff for the entire project lifetime
- Partners can validate scenarios and use cases on a solid big data platform
- Partners can use the HANA and research know-how of UCC Munich in their projects
- TUM academic staff can further develop research ideas in real projects with external partners
- Cooperation and exchange with an experienced staff and an SAP-Certified Provider of SAP HANA Operation Services
TUM Academic Analytics
As part of a long experience we bring experience in analytics that includes different fields as:
- Master Data Management / Data Governance
- Data Warehousing and In-Memory Computing (SAP HANA)
- Education Intelligence (Academic Tools and Processes)
- Education Data Portal/Platform
Technische Universität München, Chair for Information Systems (Prof. Dr. Helmut Krcmar)