SAP University Competence Center (UCC)
SAP University Alliance (UA) Program
Education is the key to innovation and social development. Thus, SAP has been encouraging education projects for many years. In doing so, SAP uses its expertise in science and technology to effectively engage for society. With its University Alliances (UA) program, SAP assists practical and future oriented education. The program addresses universities as well as vocational schools which actively want to integrate SAP software in their classes. Maintenance, operations and technical support of the SAP solutions are provided by SAP University Competence Centers (UCC). They act as application (education) service providers. Thus, lecturers can concentrate on their core competences, namely teaching. Furthermore, SAP supports lecturers by offering trainings and curriculum materials for their lectures. Another focus of the program lies on the encouragement of collaboration between educational institutions, companies, and partners interested in SAP education. With research projects, community events, and an information and communication portal, the development of cooperation networks is actively supported. Currently, over 900 universities and schools with more than 5,000 lecturers and more than 130,000 students are using SAP UA services in the EMEA region.
- Professional guidance for educators on how to deploy SAP software in their teaching
- Training courses for educators
- Development and provision of curricula
- Full operation and maintenance of the SAP software by University Competence Center organizations
- Professional service support for SAP educational services
- Access to the online member portal with program news
- Networking and organization of user group events
SAP UCC Munich is one of six UCCs worldwide. It provides internet based access to SAP systems for universities and other higher educational institutions. UCC services are exclusively rendered to support teaching of students and pupils, to enhance SAP skills of lecturers and to support research in the form of master theses, bachelor theses, seminars, and projects using SAP software. By establishing UCCs as non-profit organizations within a university networking within higher education as well as interdisciplinary, practical relevance of teaching is fostered. Using the SAP systems for university administration or providing services to a third party is not allowed. Against this background the SAP UCC acts as a community cloud service provider offering both access to and support of SAP systems and curricula.
- Educational Service Providing as community service, provided by the Chair for Information Systems, Faculty Informatics, TUM.
- Promotion of academic education (Bachelor, Master, PhD) based on the SAP eco-system through curricular support.
- Establishment of a research lab for SAP software, transferring knowledge into research and practice through various publication formats.
SAP Software in Education – Benefits for all Parties
- Students gain access to practice relevant enterprise software applications.
- Educational institutions enhance their offerings without hosting and maintaining software.
- IBM® demonstrates the abilities of its latest hardware technology and systems software.
- SAP® makes its latest business software available to tomorrow’s IT specialists, users, and decision makers.
- TU München establishes a research lab for SAP® software, transferring knowledge into research and practice through constant publication of results.
Facts and Figures (as of 7/2016)
- Customer Base (> 240 educational institutions): Universities, Universities of Applied Science, Vocational Schools, Universities of Coop. Education in Bulgaria, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Israel, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Turkey, UK
- 2 x IBM Power 870 á 4 TB RAM and 40 cores (each)
- 2 x IBM Power 822 á 512 GB RAM and 12 cores (each)
- Storage: 2 x IBM XiV (3rd Generation) á 120 TB HDD
- IT Knowledge Transfer: Effectively and efficiently train IT Skills with > 1750 lecturers and 52,500 students per year
- Installation Base: 120 SAP Systems: SAP ERP, SAP S/4HANA, SAP HANA Platform, SAP Business Warehouse (BW) and SAP BW on HANA with Business Objects, SAP ERPsim, SAP Solution Manager, SAP Business ByDesign, SAP Mobile Platform
Technische Universität München, Chair for Information Systems (Prof. Dr. H. Krcmar)